Terms & Conditions
Cliff House, Newquay
Terms and Conditions
Prices quoted are per room per night and include full English breakfast, VAT charged at the prevailing rate.
Arrival – Check Out Times
Check-in times: Third Party bookings – 3.00pm (can drop luggage off from 12.00pm) Direct bookings – 2.00pm (Can drop luggage off from 11.00am) Checkout is 10:00am. Please let us know if you require a check-in or check-out at different times and we will do our utmost to accommodate your request.
The full first nights rate may be taken anytime after booking. For booking of 7 days or longer a 25% non refundable deposit will be taken at the time of booking. the remaining 75% will be required 7 days before arrival.
This deposit secures the room.
Please note that whilst we will make every effort to re-let accommodation when cancelled. If cancelled 7 days before date of arrival, no fee will be charged. If cancelled later in the 7 day period, 100% of the reservation will be charged. In case of no-show, the total price of the reservation will be charged. We strongly advise guests to take out travel insurance in case of cancellation due to unforeseen circumstances to cover cases such as- bereavement, medical appointments, medical conditions, illness, adverse weather conditions etc to include all guests on the booking
Cancellations can only be accepted in writing either by post or email, your room is NOT cancelled until you receive a cancellation letter from Cliff House.
Individual booking policy – Cancellation Policy 7 days ( 12.00 mid day) in writing.
Group bookings 2 or more rooms – Cancellation Policy 14 days. (12.00 mid day) in writing.
Amendments or Cancellations by the hotel
Should the hotel for reasons beyond its control need to change a booking/room, then it will use all reasonable endeavours to offer the client alternative comparable facilities at no additional cost or liability. In these circumstances the client may accept or decide to cancel the contract, and accept the return of the deposit and any other monies paid in advance. This is the limit of the hotels responsibility.
Payment can be made using Visa, MasterCard, Maestro or Delta cards, Apple Pay, or cash. Where deposits are paid by cheque, we will also need valid card details, to secure the booking against last minute cancellations. Any booking made will be guaranteed against the credit card given and amounts payable will be taken in regard to cancellations.
No Pet/Animal Policy
We do not accept pets at Cliff House.
We have a minimum handling charge of £5.50 for returning guest property, plus postal charges.
If not claimed we hold property for a period of 14 days. It will then be passed to a local charity shop.
Cliff House does not accept liability for any lost, stolen or damaged items.
We also ask that guests refrain from bringing takeaway food in to their rooms due to the risk of spillage and unpleasant, lingering odours. Any damage caused by spillage will be charged.
Any other damages will be charged accordingly.
Please note we unfortunately do not have private parking. There is on street parking from the 1st October-30th April however for the rest of the year the nearest long stay car park is the Belmont Place, TR7 1HG which is a short walk away and we use this ourselves throughout summer. Parking is free in the car park from 4.00pm-9.00am.
If you will be visiting other areas during your stay and you’re here for a week or longer, we recommend buying a weekly Rover Ticket from Cornwall Council which lets you park in most council owned car parks across the county for £47.00 a week.
We reserve the right to charge for breakages and/or damages to Cliff House, against the card held for payment. Persons making the booking will be held responsible for any damages.
Please Note: From 1st July 2007, we are required by law to go “smoke free” and guests will no longer be able to smoke. As accommodation providers we could be fined up to £2500 if we fail to enforce these laws. Regrettably, anyone who has been found to be smoking indoors will be liable to a cleaning charge of up to £300, payable against the credit card held to cover the booking. You are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions by reserving a room.
- Check-in times: Third Party bookings – 3.00pm (can drop luggage off from 12.00pm) Direct bookings – 2.00pm (Can drop luggage off from 11.00am) Checkout is 10:00am.
- Pets: Unfortunately we do not allow any pets.
- Children: Unfortunately we do not accommodate children.
- Special requests. Should you have a special request that can’t be facilitated through the online booking system, please contact us on +44 01637 876869.
- Office hours. We are open from 8am to 9pm every day apart from Christmas Day.
- WiFi is available throughout the house
Best rate guarenteed
Most bookings can be made online. For all special offers and business guest bookings, please call us in 01367 876869 or use our contact page