Blondies are such a treat to have around. For those that find brownies too chocolatey, these Chocolate Chip Blondies are for you. They are really popular with our guests and don’t usually last very long!
Blondies have the same texture as a brownie but substitute cocoa powder for vanilla and usually use a brown sugar. I prefer to use a golden caster sugar as I find it gives the best results but you can use any brown sugar you have at home. Stay clear of very dark brown sugars for this bake as it can be too over powering.
Just like the brownies, it is important to cool these in the tin for as long as you can, I know I’m mean! They will continue to firm up and slice much better if you do. . . While you wait for them to cool, head over to our blogs page!
See our notes at the bottom of the page for ways you can switch up your blondies and make your own creations!
If you give these a go tag #CliffHouseNewquay as we would love to see your creations!
- 115g melted butter
- 200g golden caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 170g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 90g chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line an 8×8 inch baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Add the butter, caster sugar, egg and vanilla to a bowl and whisk for 1 minute, until well combined.
- Next add in the flour, baking powder and salt. Fold through with a spatula until almost combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips. Add the batter to your prepared tray.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes. The edges should just be pulling away from the sides of the tin.
- Cool the Blondies completely in the pan. Once cool slice, serve and enjoy!
- Slice and wrap the Chocolate Chip Blondies in greaseproof paper, they freeze well. Simply remove and leave to defrost for 1-2 hours, or pop in the microwave for a gooey evening treat.
- Instead of chocolate chips, add your favourite chocolate. Chop up chocolate bars into smaller pieces and stir through as you would the chocolate chips.
- Melt 100g of your preferred chocolate, smooth over the top and sprinkle over more of your favourite chocolate for an extra decadent treat!