These simple Chocolate Chip Cookies are perfect for almost any occasion. They are really easy to make, they taste delicious and if you don’t want to bake them all at once, the dough freezes perfectly. Roll the dough into a cylinder, wrap tightly and store in the fridge for up to 5 days. If you plan on keeping it any longer, then pop it in the freezer! Then when you need cookies just bake as and when you need.
We have included a link to a video of the method on our YouTube, if you prefer to watch.
See the Notes at the bottom for our favourite way to change it up with these cookies.
- 100g granulated sugar
- 150g brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp salt
- 110g cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150g cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 100g milk or chocolate chips
- 100g dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Mix together the melted butter, sugars and salt until a creamy paste forms.
- Add in the egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Stir in the flour and baking powder.
- Add in the chocolate chips and stir them through until evenly spread.
- Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper and spoon out your cookie dough.
- Bake in the over for 10-12 minutes. Once done remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
- Don’t leave the Chocolate Chip cookies in for too long, they should still be soft when they come out and they will firm up as they cool.
- Some of our favourite flavour combinations are:
- White Chocolate and Dried Cranberries
- Dark Chocolate Chips with Orange Zest
- Pecan and White Chocolate
- Hazelnut and Milk Chocolate